- How to Use Microsoft Teams Video Conference | GoSkills

- How to Use Microsoft Teams Video Conference | GoSkills

Looking for:

- Are microsoft teams meetings video 













































   

 

Are microsoft teams meetings video. Microsoft Teams Meetings - getting familiar with the interface



 

Is this a known bug or is there something that the presenter is doing incorrectly? How are they sharing the document? Are they sharing their desktop and then selecting the word program or are they picking the word application and sharing it that way? Not sure it makes a difference though… also, who is co-authoring on the document? External guests? So how can you tell if your video is being shown in the feed? Only the last four are on screen in a conference call of, say, 20 people. So if that happens to me, how can I tell if my video indata is being shown to the others, or whether I am not being filmed.

Hello, if i make a video call meeting using my mobile phone, can i screen share my pc desktop which donthave camera on my pc. Thank you for this. The one piece I continue to have difficulty with is the Chat export. Hi Ray, Attendees do not automatically get emailed a chat export. You would need to use Content Search to get the chat — the chats are stored as individual.

In other words, we are trying to limit or control who participates from the external community some external guests may forward the link to others that were not invited by the presenter originally. Thank you. To your second question… is this a private or a pubic meeting? Hope this helped. Dear Joanne, may I know why I am using apple headphone with microphone, but computer show they did not find any mic on me and others can hear me? Perhaps the issue is outside of Teams.

Hi Joanne, thanks for all the good info! By switching back to the first account, using the same Teams meeting set up function from the calendar, all is OK except the meeting ends up in the corresponding calendar, which is less than ideal.

This was not so until around november last year; until then all worked OK from either account. The problem kicked in sometime in November; I tried many things — to no avail. Would you have a suggestion what to do? Have you tried opening a ticket with Microsoft? Thank you for your article. I am a teacher new to using teams. I have created a team and added my students.

I have also scheduled a meeting for the future. I know they have all received an email invitation with the link to join the meeting. My question is when does that link become active?

Is it possible for them to enter a meeting before me not desirable or do they have to wait for me? Can i force mute them, for example? Is it possible to remove a participant from a meeting? And finally, if I end the meeting, does it end it for everyone? It talks about: — prevent attendees from muting each other — prevent attendees from kicking others out — control screen sharing for all attendees. You can configure the meeting options so the attendees will have to wait in the virtual lobby until you let them in.

Hi Nathan, More info for you… MIcrosoft is rolling out some new features you may be interested in. Thanks for this, very helpful. Is there a time limit on how long the links to the recordings will remain active? Looking at recording a training session that we will had to our wiki page but wondering if it will expire at some point?

Hi, thanks for the tips! QQ, do you know how long meeting recordings are kept in the Meeting Chat? Hi Lia, Assuming you do not have a retention policy on your Teams chats, as far as I know you will see the meeting recording forever.

It is stored in Microsoft Stream behind the scenes. Hi, is it possible to schedule Microsoft Teams meeting for a group of people without having to participate in the meeting? They can even record the meeting if required. HI Joanne my organisation has subscribed to Teams and we will be using it for virtual fostering panel meetings. My question for yois relates to whether it is possible to ensure that of the 4 persons maximum on the screen, that one or two of them can remain on screen at all times, regardless of whether they speak or not?

We will require foster carers to be seen on screen at all times by all other panel members live on Teams. Can you advise? Hi Joanne, thanks for the really helpful info. Question: how do i export an meeting attendance list from MS Teams? Hi Washington, It is not currently possible.

The context being I am looking at doing a project kick-off session with a larger group incl external guests , post which simultaneous break-outs of smaller teams on MS Teams. Hi jj, By all means you can do this!! The meeting can start without the organizer joining. My recommendation? Set up some test meetings in advance to work out the kinks and get all your questions answered! Hi, I want to know if there is any option to stop recording.

Rather pressing suspend all the time is there is option to banned recording for the session. This can be set for the entire tenant or for select users. I am Vishnu I am a student I am getting a problem that everyone has the access to kick out anyone from the teams so I want the solution of this problem so that no one can kick out and everyone can study in teams properly without creating any indiscipline.

Hi Vishnu, It sounds like everyone in your Team is an Owner which would allow them to remove anyone else from the Team. THere should only be a select few identified as an Owner and everyone else should be a member. Hi there — does Microsoft teams automatically store your video calls or do you have press record at the start of each meeting? Hi, as of April … in a Microsoft Teams meeting you have to remember to start the recording.

Can i use Snapchat or any other app during the meeting is going on the Microsoft Teams? Will the organizer know about or Participants i the meeting? Hi Sakshi, apparently yes!

Hello, I want to get the active session detail in history log to be export in excel , How can i get. Hey Joanne Klein, There is a way of showing profile pictures on teams meetings instead of showing initials only?

Hi Joanne -Great advice as always. If you add a document in a teams meeting invite, where is the document stored? OneDrive or SharePoint? Is it subjected to any of the Teams retention policies. If so, Chat? Did I miss it? Where does the file get stored if is shared a document via a meeting chat? I work at a school. We adopted O last summer and are using Teams extensively for class meetings.

Any help would be useful. I have access to the Teams Admin console and am a Global Admin as well. Hi Sue, did you record the meeting? Anything in there helpful? Hi Joanne, The session was recorded and in the end, the teacher was able to figure out what was happening student was logged in twice on separate devices with separate profile photos, as can happen with the installed version of Teams. I was just asking where one could find a log of who was speaking.

The software has to know, since it constantly brings forward the speaker. I just have to keep reeling in certain privileges depending upon the age group.

I know you can search in there, not sure if you can export it, never tried. Does that help? Would you be able to let me know how I can send out one invite to multiple recipients via separate meeting invites — I am holding several board meetings and there will be different attendees throughout the day and therefore separate invites.

Any guidance would be great. Could someone kindly assist me. I used Teams yesterday for my first virtual class. At the begining of the class I could see and hear the participant with her laptop. She was still able to see me, see my PPP and hear me but I could not see her. Any ideas? Is ther any other way to play an embeded video from youtube that is part of a PPP besides sharing it via desktop and viewing the PPP in the edit mode?

I know I need to share the audio when I do screen share. I have looked on line for the answer; this is the only way that I am able to share a PPP and have control of the video at the same tiem. I did a trial run with 2 other laptops. I shared my desktop to veiw the PPP one laptop had a very crisp view of the PP the other laptop view was very blurry. Any idea why and how to fix? I am supposed to be a presenter in a live meeting. The invite says presenter. I am an external invitee.

However, I only connect as an attendee. I can see them but they cannot see or hear me. Hi Joan, they should have given you a special presenter link. Can an external attendee share a document on screen to the rest of the attendees? For instance, I want to hold a sales meeting with both internal and external attendees. Some of the external attendees will give a 5 or 10 minute presentation that might include a PPT or other documents… will they be able to act as a presenter to share these documents to the group?

Or will I need to share those documents on my end as the organizer as they speak to the group? Thank you for your help! If you forget to exit a video call using the red button, but close the app, a call seems to continue small icon on mobile phone home screen.

It may be different on a mobile phone though. Great Post. I need to schedule meetings for the same external participants multiple times at different timings. Is there a way to do this without me creating and adding the participants every time?

Hi, I was invited to a Microsoft Teams video call which I joined as an external participant. Call ended after 15 minutes and I proceeded to make a WhatsApp call.

Once I ended this call I noticed a call screen that had Microsoft Teams Audio call on it not seen it before and it looked as though I was dialled into a call about the same length of time had passed since my Microsoft Teams call started. I pressed the end call button and then the screen disappeared. Is this just a blip. Could any WhatsApp audio be heard on the Teams call that seemed to still be running? I suggest putting this question on the Microsoft Tech community in the Teams group, there is a wide audience there and someone may be able to assist you.

Other times, those late arrivers cannot see the chat posts. Why is that? You will have a much broader reach for the question. Hi Joanne, thanks for the great explanation very helpful. I have the following Problem. In the Meetings I hold with Teams sometimes several people internal and external just dial in with their regular phones. As a moderator I see on the side the participants and who is talking.

Unfortunately when the people dial in with their phone I just see a number and not a name. So I was wondering if there is any chance to change a number to a name? Do you have a solution for that? Thanks in advance and Regards Verena. My company is holding a remote meeting with internal and external users.

Some of the external users are new to teams and new to remote meetings in general. Or will that not work? I had forgotten to leave a Microsoft team meeting with one other person. It was a video meeting and I attended by clicking a link in outlook from my calendar which states join Microsoft teams meeting.

I have added participant to the ongoing call from our team and he started recording our call, I removed him after I got clarifications from the participant. I have continued the same call with others on different points but later realized call is getting recorded and full recording was shared in the group after the call is over.

Now the question — Is this full recording available to the participants joined and dropped in between the call, Or only part of it is available for them for the time they are in the call. Please clarify. Thanks in advance. I set up meetings for other people and they are usually at the same time, but different groups. Is there a way when hosting a Stream event to hide the participants on the screen from others, it is distracting when showing a slide presentation.

Just had my first Teams group meeting. A bit disappointing. Only 4 people can be seen? It should be there. Background noise seemed to be picked up which was distracting.

On the other hand the sound was patchy. We have been using Zoom, even WEbex without these hindrances. Such a shame to have not got this right. While we have Teams as part of our , we are now going to shell out extra for a Zoom account because it is so much better and easier.

Hi Colin, I have 9 people visible on my tenant. I should have clarified. I was using my phone. On Zoom you can scroll through all participants, another option is to see just the speaker.

Overall more user friendly. I cannot believe MS had not properly researched what users need and want. Too late to catch up and capture the market. During our class meeting on Teams yesterday students were getting kicked out repeated with a message saying someone removed them from the meeting.

This is most likely students doing. Is there a setting that can disable this capability? I believe so. Check the meeting options and there are some settings in there to control a few things like that. This topic was really wonderfull and informative i can use this information among meeting tool-of-choice in Office today is Microsoft Teams — a fantastic tool to enhance the meeting experience in several ways.

Is this function not enabled all of the time? It should be enabled all the time when your start the meeting. Is there any way to see which student was talking out while you are in share mode.. A log or something? I scrolled the participants looking for the lavender circle ofc.. Hi Maria, I just highlight the text… right-mouse click and a copy command comes up. Paste it wherever you want after that. Thank you for this tutorial. There is an IT guy that I asked and he said the organizer was supposed to unmute me from their side.

Please ask this question on the Microsoft Tech Community in the Teams space… someone there will likely know. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

Learn how your comment data is processed. Skip to content Twitter LinkedIn Email. March 4, Joanne Klein SharePoint comments. External Attendee 3: Anyone with a phone to dial in and join You can also have a dial-in conference option so attendees can join the Microsoft Teams meeting from any device, anywhere. Blurring your Background If you work in a busy or open cubicle environment, this is a useful feature for meeting and video calls.

Sharing Content with other Attendees If you want to share any content during the meeting your desktop, a presentation, a document, etc.

To stop sharing, click the Stop sharing icon: Good to know… In the Teams client application, both desktop sharing and application sharing is available. If you share your desktop, your entire screen will be displayed. If you share one of your open applications e.

PowerPoint, Word , it will be the only one displayed. If you join via a web browser, the sharing options available to you will vary depending on the browser being used. Thanks for reading! Like this: Like Loading Thank you very much Loading Can you record a video for publication without it being a meeting?

Hi, I had the same problem as Jenn Cole above. Hi John, i just asked on Twitter and apparently yes you can!! Thanks Joanne, the MS page is open to a lot of interpretation! By nothing scheduled you mean I think scheduled via the MS Teams scheduling facility. Joanne Loading Lateef Zameer Loading Hello, Pin the teacher only! Hi, How to set a expiration time and date for a meeting request on Teams app Loading Could you please help Loading Thanks Loading Color coding on this timeline indicates when someone you invited will be busy or free throughout the day according to their Outlook calendars.

By referring to this timeline, you can find a date and time when all of your invitees will be able to attend your video meeting. These appear below the start and end times that you set for your meeting. Click one of the suggested times to replace the start and end times that you originally chose.

At the bottom of the fill-out form for a new meeting, you can add a message to include in the meeting invite. This is a good place to include a brief meeting agenda especially in an easy-to-read format, such as a table or a bulleted list. Providing a brief meeting agenda helps invitees prepare for the meeting. If you need to provide a more detailed agenda, you can send a separate email with a document such as a.

Or consider hosting your meeting in a Teams channel as described below. There you can post a reply to the message that announces your meeting with the agenda attached.

Hosting a meeting in a channel lets any member of the channel join the meeting. Another way to do this: Go to the team channel where you want to announce this meeting. At the upper-right corner, click the down arrow next to the Meet button.

From the menu that opens, select Schedule a meeting. Members of the channel will get a notice of your meeting announcement, and they can reply to this post with background information or requests for the meeting.

You can reply and attach a detailed agenda as a document by clicking the paperclip icon. Recent versions of macOS, for instance, require you to grant some permissions in System Preferences. To test your device, click the Teams icon on the left toolbar. Then at the upper right, click the Meet button. On the video meeting panel that opens, click the Join now button on the lower right. If you plan to share your screen during the meeting, click the icon of an upward arrow inside a square in the meeting controls toolbar along the top of the screen.

This will open a panel that lets you share your screen, an app window, or other content. If Teams needs permission to share your screen, it should pop up a message requesting this access. Find Microphone , Accessibility , and Screen Recording in the list on the left and check the Microsoft Teams boxes for them as well.

Marquette University offers more details and troubleshooting tips. If you use a Mac, you might need to head to System Preferences to grant Teams permission to use the camera and microphone and share your screen. Likewise, if any of your invitees are new to video meetings with Teams, request that they arrive 10 minutes early. It gives you real-time tips as banner notices that pop up along the top center of the screen on how to improve your performance, such as the words you choose to say, your pace, and even your expressions and body language.

Microsoft plans to implement a version of Speaker Coach for use during Teams meetings sometime in spring But in the meantime, you can still use it as a way to practice giving a PowerPoint that you will present to others in a Teams video meeting.

 


Are microsoft teams meetings video. Video conferencing



 

It should be recording the same thing everyone in the meeting is looking at. I had the same problem as Jenn Cole above. The shared screen did not show on the recording, only the participants. The issue seems to be random, a couple of people at my organisation experienced the same thing, although it worked well for some of us before. Hi Dimby and Jenn, Not sure what the problem could be. If you only have a free account can you still start and run a meeting?

It is not clear as most posts on MS Teams assume at least one person has a paid subscription. Comparison of features can be found at:.

You can of course still arrange it outside MS Teams by email, phone or whatever as one group I am involved in does. However the person who creates the link does this from their office MS Teams account.

Hi John, yes i mean scheduled as a Teams meeting using built-in functionality. Is there a way to show all participants on screen at once vs only the person who is talking? Hi Judy, you can currently only show up to 4 participants at a time in Teams — this is 1 of the current differences from Zoom. There is a uservoice on this exact request. How do I see 4 others? Hello Joanne, Is there a way for an attendee to see a fullscreen view of only the organiser and not the other participants?

My son attends online classes and he sees his teacher and 3 other students. He gets distracted by the other 3. It will be great if you can help out. Lateef Zameer. Pin the teacher only! Once you start pinning, only the pinned video s will show. Thanks to ianmoran modery YannickReekmans on Twitter for providing the answer! Does the organizer have to start the meeting or even be in the meeting? Can I set up a meeting for a group and not be part of it?

Hi Barb, as far as i know the organizer needs to start the meeting. You can set up a meeting for another person. Hi there, thanks for this really useful post. As someone said above, I can only see the person who is speaking on screen and not the other participants even if only three or four of us. Is there a setting so that I can see everyone in a meeting at once up to four people? Hi, how do I moderate a discussion in Teams? Hi, the ability for an attendee to raise their hand in a Teams meeting to help with moderation is not currently available March however that capability is coming.

Hello Joanne Klein, I am setting up classroom in Teams. I was intending to add all the students as members but maybe I could just post the invite on the LMS. Would that impact the students experience? I get the impression that an external client has less functionality on Teams but I am not sure what qualifies a participant as an external client?

This is a new post published today by Microsoft… hoping this may help you. Hi, I am unable to use whiteboard in a teams meeting. Could you please help. You could also try opening up the whiteboard and either sharing it directly or sharing your desktop.

Also, you can pre-share the whiteboard link to your attendees and get them to open it either from the browser whiteboard. Let me know if any of those work for you. Hi, We are a team of 10 using Teams every day now.

During a call, we can only see 4 participants on our screen at any one time. Is there a way of showing all 10 of us — if we have our cameras on? This would be really helpful whilst we are all working from home. Hi Kari, No, this is not possible. The maximum right now is 4 — this is on the roadmap for Teams and I imagine they are working hard to roll out this change as soon as they can as a lot of teams are wanting this. We are interested in using Teams to host external webinars for our clients.

We have the standards Teams platform not Teams live. How long can we hold a meeting with the version we have? I know for Teams live it is 4 hours. Hello Shelby, sorry it took so long for my response… a non-recorded meeting can be up to 24 hours in duration. A recorded one can be 4 hours. I am trying to set up a town hall type of meeting, there will be 8 people on the talking all in the same domain , and they want the public to be able to listen to the meeting but not interact in anyway.

We are concerned about security as this will be a public meeting, and we have no way of legitimizing anyone who enters the lobby. With Skype for business we were able to create a meeting and then lock down who could present and everyone else would be audio only. Has this all moved to the Teams Admin site? If so… is this something Microsoft is planning on having the admins have to configure for each client any time they want to have a meeting with limitations?

Hi Morgan, this sounds like a great use-case for a Teams live event. You can certainly configure default options at the Admin level for events like this, but once a user has been granted the ability to create a Teams Live event, they can set it up themselves from within the Teams client. Typically a public-facing town-hall style meeting like this has some oversight from IT or Communications to help with the delivery.

Great rundown Joanne, thank you. We recorded a meeting with host plus three internal people, but when we played back the recording only the host video was showing? The other three showed as generic placeholder heads… do you know what we may have done to cause that? Hi Joanne. I have my HP elitebook laptop linked up to my HP elitedisplay monitor which has built-in speakers and webcam.

When I join Teams meetings, the sound comes out of my Monitor, but Teams is still using the webcam in my laptop. Any idea how I get Teams to use my monitor webcam, rather than my laptop webcam?

Hi Phil, you need to adjust your device settings. First time using TEam, someone booked a meeting and was in my calender so when the time came and reminder? Popped up and i ignore it because i was busy. So i had my earplugs plug in my laptop, so not sure if they hear anything. Just wondering how it happen and how much did they hear becsuse i didnt know ehat the audio default were at that time.

Hi Lily, this is very difficult to troubleshoot at a distance and after-the-fact. I think I know what happened… the person scheduling the meeting likely did so from a Group chat automatically includes everyone in the Group chat on the meeting invitation. If the meeting is started, whether or not you actually join the meeting, the chat window says you joined it. We were going to move from Webex to Teams, but the limitation of sharing windows has put us off of this. You should be able to toggle through the windows.

If you do this, everyone will see your desktop and you can flip between any apps you want without stopping the share. Hope this helps. Pat — you can. Hi Joanne, do you know if there is shared content during a meeting and another participant is editing a document for the host where that document saves and is updated after the meeting is concluded?

Instantly connect. Organize your projects and plans. Work with peace of mind. Rest assured that your sensitive information is protected with data encryption. Make decisions faster. Create and post polls in any chat to get responses in real time. Free video conferencing features Meet one-on-one or with up to people for up to 60 minutes. Collaborate with everyone Voice your thoughts in real-time and share files to collaborate with others inside and outside your organization.

Instantly connect Plan together, assign tasks in shared to-do lists, and schedule or share meeting invites directly in a group chat. Organize your projects and plans Select the dashboard view in any chat to quickly access all shared content, such as tasks, upcoming events, and links, in one place. Work with peace of mind Rest assured that your sensitive information is protected with data encryption.

Make decisions faster Create and post polls in any chat to get responses in real time. Read more about free video conferencing in Teams Getting started with meetings in Teams Learn how to get started. Five things to do first with Teams Learn what to try first.

Invite people to Teams Learn how to get everyone to join. Expand your business offerings with Teams Learn how diverse industries use Teams to stay relevant in changing times. Built for small businesses By combining features that many small businesses need to serve customers, including virtual visits, Teams provides Bristol Dental Specialists with streamlined client intake tools.

Read the full story. Adapt to the unexpected When the pandemic brought many industries to a halt, Core Fitness Miami pivoted to using Teams for virtual training sessions. Get the free Microsoft Teams mobile app.

Enter phone number or email address for a link. To hide your own video, select More options in your video feed next to your name and choose Hide for me. This will hide your video for your own view, others will still see your video. Teams crops some videos to make them fit your screen better. When you join a Teams meeting or call on the mobile app, you can customize your video experience—and the video you share with others—in a bunch of different ways.

To turn on your video before a meeting, just tap Turn video on right before you join. You may want to turn your video on or off over the course of a meeting—if you'd prefer people only see you while you're talking, for example. Go to the meeting controls anytime during the meeting and tap Turn video on. You can blur your background before or during a meeting if you don't want others to be able to see what's behind you.

You'll appear nice and clear while everything behind you is subtly concealed. Before the meeting, just tap Background blur in the upper left corner of your screen before tapping Join. For more details about changing your background, see Change your background for a Teams meeting. For example, in a large meeting, you may want to see as many video feeds as you can at one time. The default view when you join a meeting. When there are more than seven others in attendance eight if you're using a tablet , Teams features the people who have their video turned on and those who speak the most.

Your video feed is always in the lower-right corner of the screen. If you're using a phone , you can see up to eight featured participant videos and 15 additional people to scroll through at the bottom of the screen. If you're using a tablet , you can see up to nine featured participant videos and 20 additional people to scroll through at the bottom of the screen. This option's available when at least nine people have their cameras turned on.

You can view up to participant videos though not all at once. The maximum number of people you can see on your screen at once depends on your device and its software.

Together mode is available when a meeting has at least five people in it. To change the scene, tap on the scene name in the bottom left corner of your screen. To pin someone's video to your view regardless of who's talking, press and hold the video you want, then tap Pin. Show participants This option shows a list of participants in the meetings and gives the organizer the option to mute others.

Show conversation This is the meeting chat feature. File-sharing: One of the most useful features of this function is the ability to upload and share files directly into the chat. More options This menu includes the following useful features: Device settings: Choose and adjust audio and camera devices. Meeting options: Adjust lobby waiting room settings and allow others to present and unmute themselves.

Meeting notes: This feature means that the notes you take will be shared with others and are accessible during and after the meeting. Notes are made available to others via the chat feature. Meeting details: Click to copy join information to share with others. Gallery mode: Choose how many people will be visible on your screen at once. Background settings: Blur your background, choose a virtual background, or upload your own.

Live captions: This AI feature will detect what is said in a meeting and present real-time captions. Designed to make meetings more inclusive for people who are hearing-impaired, this feature may not work if participants speak at the same time or fail to speak clearly. Only available in English for now. Meeting recording: Record the video and audio of your meeting. After you stop the recording, it will be made available in the chat feature and saved to your Files menu in Microsoft Teams.

Be sure to let all participants know that the meeting is being recorded. Dial pad: Allows users to make phone calls via Teams. Turn off incoming video: Enables the organizer to turn off the view of someone using their webcam. Breakout rooms This feature, which Microsoft began rolling out in December , enables the organizer to create sub-meetings within the main Teams meeting.

Image: Microsoft Tech Community Four best-practice tips for using Microsoft Teams video conferencing Here are four best-practice tips for running a Microsoft Teams meeting. Help others prepare for the meeting Just like an in-person meeting, it helps to give others plenty of information to let them know what to expect. Toggle your settings before the meeting starts Before you click join meeting , you have the option to turn your video on or off, toggle your microphone, and choose or blur your background.

Be an active meeting facilitator Make sure the meeting runs smoothly by taking an active facilitation role. Try for free. Loved this? For this layout to be available, 10 people must have their camera turned on. In Together mode you can use special backgrounds to feel like you're in the same shared space with others in the meeting.

In this view, select Change scene to change the background for everyone. For this layout to be available, four people must have their camera turned on. Emoji reactions are also useful to communicate with the group without disrupting the flow of the meeting.

Teams meetings include a chat where meeting participants can share information without disrupting the flow of the meeting.

Teams meeting chats include the same features as in regular Teams chats, allowing you to format your text, attach files, and send pictures. You can then close the chat using the X in the top right corner of the chat window.

When the chat window is closed, chats will appear in the main meeting window. To hide chats from appearing in the main meeting window:.

You can use the Share Content option to share your presentation slides, your desktop computer screen , a specific application, or the whiteboard.

With PowerPoint Live, both the presenter and the participants can move through the slide deck, allowing meeting attendees to take down information from the presentation at their own pace the presenter can turn off this option, to keep everyone focused on the current slide.

   


Comments